Q1 : How to install the i-gotU Travel Logger (how to connect with the PC)?
1. Please go to official website to download the latest software version, the download page link below:
2. Please follow the Installation Wizard to instruct you to plug i-gotU device into the USB port on your PC to finish the driver installation.
3. After installing the driver of i-gotU device, continue installing the @trip PC software.
4. Please check whether you have installed successfully.
Please go to "Control Panel" choose "System", choose "Hardware", choose "Device Manager".
Right-click or press and hold on the Start button, then select Device Management from the context menu.
there should be "GPS
Logger USB COM Port(COMxx)" under "Ports
(COM&LPT). (please refer to the picture below)
1). Download the driver un-installation and latest program
2). Please save the file to the desktop. Extract the program (use WinRAR to extract) and click on 「DrvUninst.exe」 under \atrip\Driver\ to activate the un-installation program.
Then please excute 「DrvInst.exe」 to reinstall the driver.
(1). If you have any firewall software installed, please try disabling those. One of these programs could be blocking the communication between the phone and the PC.
(2). Please be aware that our i-gotU device has to be plugged in directly to the USB port on the computer system instead of going through a hub or a docking station.--> They might decrease the transmissionof electric current for charging.
(3). Please just plug the i-gotU device in the same USB port on the PC, don't change USB port to plug in. Because our products are not Plug-and-Play.
(4). If this still does not resolve the problem, please try unplug and re-plug in the i-gotU device.. Installing the i-gotU device on a different USB port.
(5). "Don't plug the connector in too hard"! Some users would plug the reverse side of the the connector into the bottom of i-gotU device. It might damage the power ic (integrated circuit).
If you still have the problem, please try on another PC. Or reset your i-gotU device from the @trip PC software. Or you might contact the retailer to check this Device.
If the Device was damaged and still in one-year warranty, please ask the retailer to exchange one for you.
5. Open i-gotU Desktop software to connect the i-gotU device with the PC. Then you can download the Waypoint data when the connection is succesful.